Boston Old Path Sangha, along with the Mindfulness Practice Community of Greater Boston, holds a Day of Mindfulness periodically throughout the year.
Day of Mindfulness
with Dharma Teacher John Bell
9:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday, February 9, 2019
68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA
The practice of kindness is central to freedom. Kindness to our bodies, our minds, our family and friends, our sangha. Receiving kindness and offering kindness. Kindness in our speech, our thoughts, our actions. Kindness in a toxic political environment. Kindness to our “enemies.” Kindness to animals, plants, and minerals. Kindness towards the past, the future, our ancestors and the unborn.
Enjoy a day of practicing kindness! Share ways we have shown kindness and have received kindness. Learn or deepen practices that cultivate kindness in all directions.
John Bell is a Dharma Teacher and Order of Interbeing member.
The registration fee of $20 supports the temple. However no one is required to pay to attend any Day of Mindfulness. Checks should be made out to Temple Vietnam. In addition, a Dana basket will be available for our teachers so they can continue to share the dharma with a suggested dana of $20. Please dress warmly, especially with socks and slippers, and wear comfortable clothes. Kindly bring a vegetarian bag lunch, your own cup and a napkin. Tea will be available.
Temple Vietnam is one mile from Forest Hills MBTA and the Arborway. You can reach it via the Arborway to Washington Street or via Forest Hills Orange Line MBTA. Search “68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA 02131” in your navigation. Drive inside the gate for plenty of parking or park at end of the street.
Future Days of Mindfulness:
- March 9, 2019
- April 13, 2019
Previous Days of Mindfulness:
- November 12, 2016 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “The Heart of Our Practice”
- December 10, 2016 — Dharma Teacher Joanne Friday: “Freedom from Fear and Separation”
- January 14, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Elizabeth Wood with Margrit Romang: “Wonder as the Antidote to Worry”
- March 11, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Richard Brady: “Joy”
- April 8, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Climate Change as a Door to Awakening”
- October 14, 2017 — Sister Ocean: “The Art of Listening”
- November 18, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell and OI Member Lillian Fuchs: “Exploring White Awareness” (Belmont)
- April 14, 2018 — Dharma Teacher Michael Ciborski: “The Way of Non-Discrimination”
- October 13, 2018 — Sister Ocean: “Call Me By My True Names – Embodying Interbeing”
- November 10, 2018 — Brothers Phap Tri and Phap Man and OI Member Lillian Fuchs