Boston Old Path Sangha, along with the Mindfulness Practice Community of Greater Boston, holds a Day of Mindfulness periodically throughout the year.
Day of Mindfulness on
With Dharma Teachers Michael and Fern
from Morning Sun Community
9:30am – 3:30pm
Saturday, April 14, 2018
68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA
As monk and nun, Michael & Fern lived and traveled with Thich Nhat Hanh for many years organizing meditation retreats worldwide. Now as lay practitioners, they live with their three children live at Morning Sun, a residential Mindfulness Community in nearby New Hampshire. Join us on April 14 and discover for yourself the delight they bring, along with a profound embodiment of the dharma.
Fern Dorresteyn, Dharma Teacher.
Michael Ciborski, Dharma Teacher.
The registration fee of $20.00 supports the temple. However no one is required to pay to attend any Day of Mindfulness. Checks should be made out to Temple Vietnam. In addition, a Dana basket will be available for the teacher(s). Please dress warmly, especially with socks and slippers, and wear comfortable clothes. Kindly bring a vegetarian bag lunch, a cup and a napkin. Tea and light snacks will be available.
Temple Vietnam is one mile from Forest Hills MBTA and the Arborway. You can reach it via the Arborway to Washington Street or via Forest Hills Orange Line MBTA. Search 68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA 02131 in your navigation. Drive inside the gate for plenty of parking or park at end of the street.
Future Days of Mindfulness:
- May 12, 2018 — Dharma Teacher Peggy Smith with OI member Theodate Lawlor
Previous Days of Mindfulness:
- November 12, 2016 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “The Heart of Our Practice”
- December 10, 2016 — Dharma Teacher Joanne Friday: “Freedom from Fear and Separation”
- January 14, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Elizabeth Wood with Margrit Romang: “Wonder as the Antidote to Worry”
- February 11, 2017 (CANCELLED)
- March 11, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Richard Brady: “Joy”
- April 8, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Climate Change as a Door to Awakening”
- October 14, 2017 — Sister Ocean: “The Art of Listening”
- November 18, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell and OI Member Lillian Fuchs: “Exploring White Awareness” (Belmont)