Boston Old Path Sangha, along with the Mindfulness Practice Community of Greater Boston, holds a Day of Mindfulness periodically throughout the year.
Day of Mindfulness on
Practicing with Busyness
with Dharma Teachers Fern Dorresteyn
and Michael Ciborski
9:00am – 3:30pm
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Temple Vietnam, 68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA 02131
During our day together we will generate Right Mindfulness, learning to remain stable and free in the moment, calming and embracing our habit of running, striving, needing, and stressing out. We will also develop the practice of Right View to generate the insight that can transform our habit energy and release old stories of suffering that often drive us into anxiety.
With the support of the community we will be able to touch the great freedom, happiness and compassion that lives deep within us. In the teachings on mindful living, Buddha encouraged us to not pursue the past, or to lose ourselves in the future. And we are also guided in how not to be carried away by the present. The result of this practice is peacefulness, ease and a deep sense of meaning and connection to life.
The registration fee of $15.00 supports the temple. However no one is required to pay to attend any Day of Mindfulness. Checks should be made out to Temple Vietnam. In addition, a Dana basket will be available for the teacher(s). Please dress warmly, especially with socks and slippers, and wear comfortable clothes. Kindly bring a vegetarian bag lunch, a cup and a napkin. Tea and light snacks will be available.
Temple Vietnam is one mile from Forest Hills MBTA and the Arborway. You can reach it via the Arborway to Washington Street or via Forest Hills Orange Line MBTA. Search 68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA 02131 in your navigation. Drive inside the gate for plenty of parking or park at end of the street.
Future Days of Mindfulness:
- DOMs will resume late in 2017. Check back for information later in the year.
Previous Days of Mindfulness:
- November 12, 2016 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “The Heart of Our Practice”
- December 10, 2016 — Dharma Teacher Joanne Friday: “Freedom from Fear and Separation”
- January 14, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Elizabeth Wood with Margrit Romang: “Wonder as the Antidote to Worry”
- February 11, 2017 (CANCELLED)
- March 11, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Richard Brady: “Joy”
- April 8, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Climate Change as a Door to Awakening”