Boston Old Path Sangha, along with the Mindfulness Practice Community of Greater Boston, holds a Day of Mindfulness periodically throughout the year.
MARCH 9TH DOM POSTPONED
Replaced by Q&A with Sister Dang Nghiem
still March 9th, still at Chua Vietnam
but now 10:30am-12:00pm, followed by lunch.
Please RSVP via email to elizwood – at – mit.edu
Day of Mindfulness
in the Tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh
“Cultivating Seeds of Compassion:
Me You We”
with Dharma Teacher Peggy Smith
and Order of Interbeing member Theodate Lawlor
9:30am – 3:30pm
POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE
POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE
Saturday, March 9, 2019
68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA
In the blend of sitting, walking and eating meditation, we will explore current understandings of neuroscience. Where is the territory of Interbeing in our brain? What generates our reactivity? We will look at gentle, compassionate ways to heal reactivity and nurturing Interbeing.
The registration fee of $15 supports the temple. However no one is required to pay to attend any Day of Mindfulness. Checks should be made out to Temple Vietnam. In addition, a Dana basket will be available for our teachers so they can continue to share the dharma with a suggested dana of $20. Please dress warmly, especially with socks and slippers, and wear comfortable clothes. Kindly bring a vegetarian bag lunch, your own cup and a napkin. Tea will be available.
Temple Vietnam is one mile from Forest Hills MBTA and the Arborway. You can reach it via the Arborway to Washington Street or via Forest Hills Orange Line MBTA. Search “68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA 02131” in your navigation. Drive inside the gate for plenty of parking or park at end of the street.
Future Days of Mindfulness:
- TBD — Dharma Teacher Peggy Smith and OI Member Theodate Lawlor
- April 13, 2019 — Dharma Teachers Michael Ciborski and Fern Dorresteyn
Previous Days of Mindfulness:
- November 12, 2016 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “The Heart of Our Practice”
- December 10, 2016 — Dharma Teacher Joanne Friday: “Freedom from Fear and Separation”
- January 14, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Elizabeth Wood with Margrit Romang: “Wonder as the Antidote to Worry”
- March 11, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Richard Brady: “Joy”
- April 8, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Climate Change as a Door to Awakening”
- October 14, 2017 — Sister Ocean: “The Art of Listening”
- November 18, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell and OI Member Lillian Fuchs: “Exploring White Awareness” (Belmont)
- April 14, 2018 — Dharma Teacher Michael Ciborski: “The Way of Non-Discrimination”
- October 13, 2018 — Sister Ocean: “Call Me By My True Names – Embodying Interbeing”
- November 10, 2018 — Brothers Phap Tri and Phap Man and OI Member Lillian Fuchs
- February 9, 2019 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Kindness”