Boston Old Path Sangha, along with the Mindfulness Practice Community of Greater Boston, holds a Day of Mindfulness periodically throughout the year.
Day of Mindfulness
in the Plum Village Tradition
with Dharma Teachers
Fern Dorresteyn and Michael Ciborski
“OUR SACRED INNER LIFE:
Creating Contentment, Freshness, and Healing”
9:30am – 3:30pm
Saturday, April 13, 2019
68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA
When we practice with the Eight Fold Path, we discover our potential to establish a beautiful and nonjudgmental inner space. The Path Buddha gave us takes on deeper meaning when it is a lived experience that informs our everyday life. As dynamic beings we can learn to create, strengthen and deepen a practice to nourish our self and heal our suffering. Through this inner work we discover freshness and freedom. We can turn each everyday activity in the family, in our friendships and at work into a radiant, sacred moment.
The registration fee of $15 supports the temple. However no one is required to pay to attend any Day of Mindfulness. Checks should be made out to Temple Vietnam. In addition, a Dana basket will be available for our teachers so they can continue to share the dharma with a suggested dana of $20. Please dress warmly, especially with socks and slippers, and wear comfortable clothes. Kindly bring a vegetarian bag lunch, your own cup and a napkin. Tea will be available.
Temple Vietnam is one mile from Forest Hills MBTA and the Arborway. You can reach it via the Arborway to Washington Street or via Forest Hills Orange Line MBTA. Search “68 Bradeen Street, Roslindale, MA 02131” in your navigation. Drive inside the gate for plenty of parking or park at end of the street.
Future Days of Mindfulness:
- TBD — Dharma Teacher Peggy Smith and OI Member Theodate Lawlor
Previous Days of Mindfulness:
- November 12, 2016 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “The Heart of Our Practice”
- December 10, 2016 — Dharma Teacher Joanne Friday: “Freedom from Fear and Separation”
- January 14, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Elizabeth Wood with Margrit Romang: “Wonder as the Antidote to Worry”
- March 11, 2017 — Dharma Teacher Richard Brady: “Joy”
- April 8, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Climate Change as a Door to Awakening”
- October 14, 2017 — Sister Ocean: “The Art of Listening”
- November 18, 2017 — Dharma Teacher John Bell and OI Member Lillian Fuchs: “Exploring White Awareness” (Belmont)
- April 14, 2018 — Dharma Teacher Michael Ciborski: “The Way of Non-Discrimination”
- October 13, 2018 — Sister Ocean: “Call Me By My True Names – Embodying Interbeing”
- November 10, 2018 — Brothers Phap Tri and Phap Man and OI Member Lillian Fuchs
- February 9, 2019 — Dharma Teacher John Bell: “Kindness”