Practicing with the Boston Old Path Sangha
All are welcome to join us at any time.
Our regular sittings generally include two periods of sitting meditation with a period of walking meditation between. We then enjoy mindfully drinking tea and eating snacks together. After, we generally participate in reading from a work by Thich Nhat Hanh or another Buddhist teacher followed by Dharma discussion. We conclude the sitting with announcements and a final brief sitting.
All who practice with us are encouraged to lead a sitting from time to time. We are very clear that we can benefit from the both the wisdom of seasoned practitioners as well as those new to the practice who offer freshness and "beginner's mind".
We have no leaders as such, and you are invited
to participate according the level of commitment you enjoy:
- Sit with us whenever you can;
- Assist informally: arrange the zendo, be a greeter at a meeting, be bell master or mistress, tea master or mistress, help with mailings and other sangha activities;
- Lead a sitting or help organize
a Day of Mindfulness when you feel ready;
- Prepare to take the Five Mindfulness Trainings;
- Prepare to take the Fourteen Mindfulness Trainings to become Tiep Hien (a member of the Order of Interbeing)
If you have any questions, please contact one of
our practice coordinators.